Thursday, August 15, 2013

A "Fresh Breeze".......not!

Tuesday, August 14, 2013

We left Parry Sound, fueled up, pumped out and  went in search of the next anchorage and it was pretty grey outside.  A high of 60 was all we could hope for!  Glad we all brought warm clothes.

The inside passages were gentle and gorgeous as usual but the outside(Georgian Bay) was howling with 20 mph winds and 5-7 footers tossing Blue Moon around as we made our way north west to our anchorage.  The boat handles amazingly well in high seas and that was really her first  big water since we've had her.  Dave looked up our wind speed and conditions in the nautical dictionary and it described it as a "Fresh Breeze". I don't think so!  It was fierce and unfriendly!   Later Brandon looked  at me and said "We didn't die Mrs. Tufts!"   The anxiety on my face must have shown or he was just as surprised as me that we made it o.k.  I'm not sure which.

Dave had to navigate through some beautiful but narrow passages again.

 
 
 
 

 


We found another pretty, protected anchorage, tied the stern to a tree and Benji wanted to ride the zip line.
 
 

 
 
We watched some more Duck Dynasty and a silly Will Farrell movie and a dvd that helps us look for the next day's anchorage.
 
The night was pretty windy and I was glad we were also tied to the tree onshore.   Our bedroom is located in the bough of the boat where the anchor is and through the night it makes spooky banging noises and water slaps against the boat.   I think I'm doing amazingly well with all this rugged stuff!  Dave even complimented me today!  Tomorrow we have to decide whether to brave another 10 mile open stretch of rough seas or stay put for the day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment